Saturday, December 31, 2011

Let me Hold on Longer

My Sweet Kinley. I wish we could freeze you right where you're at. You are so sweet and smart and always doing something funny. Your nap and bedtime routine right now is to read books and then we cuddle and talk. During nap, you get to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed. I've been snuggling you in my arms until you fall asleep and I love it. Words can't even describe. You tuck your feet in between mine and wrap your arms around my neck and give me lots of kisses. You say, "I love you mommy" in the sweetest voice I've ever heard. I wish those moments with you would never end. Mommy had to go to the doctor this week because she was sick and when I came home you hugged me and said, "Mommy, I glad you're home from the doctor." and another time you said, " I glad you're holding me."
Lately, you've become very emotional and were crying about anything and everything. I've been trying to talk you through these times and teach you how to ask for something politely rather than whine and cry when you don't get what you want fast enough. It's been working great and you're starting to understand you're emotions! I feel like God is growing our relationship through this so much as I'm learning more about your evolving personality and you're learning to trust me with your thoughts and feelings. I pray that this is the beginning of an amazing mother daughter relationship.
Today you were playing with Elsie and pretending her Sully monster was growling and she was laughing so much at you. I love it! You also sat with her and shared puffs and juice. That baby girl adores you. I'm praying for you as a leader for her, because she will surely be following you!

Some of our favorite recent quotes:
After falling, "Daddy, help me! I can't walk. I fell and my leg is broken!" You were running to him as you were saying this.

While snuggling you in your bed, you put your finger in your nose, then in your mouth and said, "Mmm, I like to eat the boogers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment